Home and School Learning
At Midfield we believe that parents are the child’s first educators and we aim to build on the skills you and your child have explored together at home. Working in partnership with you ensures we can have a positive impact on your child’s development and learning. We would love to know about your child’s achievements, their strengths, needs and anything else that you feel will help us support your child.
There are a number of ways where information is shared between home and school:
- Initial Parent Partnership and Welcome Consultation
- Parent drop-ins for focus children
- Dojo App
- The school website – look out for our ‘Butterfly Class’ page on the school website. This will be regularly updated with blogs to keep you informed of events, photographs, links to other agencies (such as speech therapy) and community services.
- Email – we encourage parents and carers to send us photographs, news, suggestions and reviews via our email address email@example.com.
- Home reading – your child will have the opportunity to choose a book from our class library each week, accompanied by a ‘reading record’. We encourage you to look at the book with your child and return it for changing weekly. The reading record is used as a dialogue between home and school to share your child’s enjoyment of books.
- Traveling Bears – our travelling bears ‘Eric the Explorer’ and ‘Alice the Adventurer’ are teddies that live in Butterfly Class and can be taken home by the children for the weekend. When your child brings home a bear, we ask you to help them complete a simple diary entry about their weekend visit. Your child will then have the opportunity to share this information with the class on the following Monday.
- Show and Tell – weekly ‘show and tell’ sessions where your child may choose to share an event / object / story from home. Further details will be shared about this at the beginning of the new term.