Home and School Learning
Remote learning during school closure
Scroll right down to the bottom of the attachments below to find our two-week programme of remote learning resources (Reception Home Learning). These do not need to be printed off unless you would like to.
Above it are some more resources and activities from Twinkl - a really useful website that has offered free membership for parents - just go to https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ for free printables and powerpoints, Click offer code at the top right, sign up with your details, then enter the code: PARENTSTWINKLHELPS.
Every day we will be uploading a short video on class dojo to keep in touch and to help introduce and support you and your child with the activities. Bear with us if these are a bit shaky and not particularly slick. We hope to get better with time!
We hope you are able to relax and have fun with your child during these unusual times.
The EYFS team
Regular home learning in Nursery
At Midfield we believe that parents are the child’s first educators and we aim to build on the skills you and your child have explored together at home. Working in partnership with you ensures we can have a positive impact on your child’s development and learning. We would love to know about your child’s achievements, their strengths, needs and anything else that you feel will help us support your child.
There are a number of ways where information is shared between home and school:
- Initial Parent Partnership and Welcome Consultation
- Parent drop-ins for focus children
- Dojo App
- The school website – look out for our ‘Butterfly Class’ page on the school website. This will be regularly updated with blogs to keep you informed of events, photographs, links to other agencies (such as speech therapy) and community services.
- Home reading – your child will have the opportunity to choose a book from our class library each week, accompanied by a ‘reading record’. We encourage you to look at the book with your child and return it for changing weekly. The reading record is used as a dialogue between home and school to share your child’s enjoyment of books.
- Travelling Bears – our travelling bears ‘Eric the Explorer’ and ‘Alice the Adventurer’ are teddies that live in Butterfly Class and can be taken home by the children for the weekend. When your child brings home a bear, we ask you to help them complete a simple diary entry about their weekend visit. Your child will then have the opportunity to share this information with the class on the following Monday.
- Show and Tell – weekly ‘show and tell’ sessions where your child may choose to share an event / object / story from home. Further details will be shared about this at the beginning of the new term.