Learning Outside the Classroom
At Midfield we embrace the outdoors and love to get outside. We are lucky enough to have Forest School, Outdoor Adventure and Eco garden lessons. Not only that, but we like to get outdoors in as many lessons as possible. We brave the wet and the cold to explore the outdoors to find interesting ways to learn!
Outdoor learning is always a highlight of the week!
Outdoor Learning sessions take place across all Key Stages. Where possible, outdoor learning is incorporated into lessons. Over the course of the year, our Outdoor Learning sessions include Forest School, Eco-Garden and Outdoor Adventure.
Learning outdoors takes place across all subjects including Maths, Literacy, Science, History, Geography and RE (Environment). During planning for all subjects, teachers actively look for opportunities to bring the learning outside - using creative techniques to bring the subject to life using the opportunity that the great outdoors provides. We are very lucky in that we have a wide range of different outdoor environments that we can use so children can have the most appropriate and memorable experiences possible.
- Large grounds backed by Scadbury Park wood
- Four developed Forest School areas
- Celtic hut and learning area
- A decked wildlife pond (in development)
- Large outdoor grassed area including sports pitches and athletic areas
- Two large playgrounds
- An Edible Eco Garden with an outdoor classroom, which is being developed to include cooking area and working stations
- Outdoor Music Garden
- Three separate Trim trail/Adventure/Climbing play areas
- Swimming Pool