PSHE education is a planned programme of learning though which pupils acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives now and in the future. As part of a whole school approach, it develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
It is our aim at Midfield Primary;
- To provide pupils with the knowledge, understanding, attitudes, values and skills that is needed in order for them to reach their potential as individuals and within the community.
- Pupils are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities and experiences across and beyond the curriculum, contributing fully to the life of their school and communities. In doing so they learn to recognise their own worth, work well with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning.
- They learn to understand and respect our common humanity; diversity and differences so that they can go on to form the effective, fulfilling relationships that are an essential part of life and learning.
- By helping children and young people to build their personal identities, confidence and self-esteem we can develop their abilities to make career choices and understand what influences their decisions including financial ones.
Our PSHE curriculum (Jigsaw)aims to:
- Increase self-confidence and aspirations
- learn new skills to support and challenge dreams and aspirations
- develop personal strengths
- enhance resilience
- recognise the need for healthy lifestyles
- become independent thinkers
- work collaboratively
For PSHE, we teach 6 themes over the year (one every half term). The themes are:
-Being Me in the World
- Celebrating Difference
- Dreams and Goals
- Healthy Me
- Changing Me