Our SENCO is Mrs Kick whose role is to lead achievement and support for children with additional needs or who are within vulnerable groups. We recognise that it is within the school's responsibility to ensure achievement through high quality provision appropriate for all learners.
If you would like to speak to Mrs Kick about any issue concerning your child, please contact her via the school office 0208 300 6161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice for 0 – 25 years (2014) states that:
A child or young person has Special Educational Needs (SEN) if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:
a) have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age;
b) have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions
At Midfield Primary School we believe that:
- All children should be valued regardless of their abilities or difficulties
- All children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
- All teachers are teachers of children with SEN
- All children can be enabled to fulfil their potential through effective teaching and learning, supporting and encouraging
- Effective assessment and provision for children with SEN will be secured with partnership with parents/carers, children, the Local Education Authority and any relevant outside agencies
The SEND section of this website contains information about SEN and some of the many ways in which we seek to fulfil our responsibilities to those children who may need support during their time with us.