Our Sports Council discuss a wide range of subjects encompassing Physical Education, extra-curriculum clubs as well as competitive sporting fixtures. The children are hugely positive about the P.E at Midfield.
The school has recently received the Sainsbury’s Sports Bronze Mark and at time of writing has applied for Healthy Schools Gold – we would be the only primary school in Bromley to achieve this feat! As a school we are constantly evolving and listening to our pupils – as a result please find below a summary of suggestions from the sports council for the upcoming Year which have now been embedded into the P.E action plan for the upcoming Year.
Suggestions for Development:
A continuation of the 10 minutes exercise but at break as well. This was as Amy in Year 5 felt fitter thanks to the 10 minutes in the morning and wanted to continue this development. Also circuit training to be offered as an extra-curricular session.
- Sports at lunchtime are developed to use improved equipment such as goals rather than cones and having extra coaches used to support. In essence the lunchtime games were to become P.E sessions.
- Either during the day or after schools clubs such as judo or taekwondo etc should be offered.
- More running and tougher skills taught during P.E sessions as Callum in Year 4 wanted more challenging P.E.
- The children agreed as a whole that they would like to have extra sports day per year. As the discussion developed it was clear that they were keen for competition within school – such as Year group against Year group and house against house.
- A variation of sports to be taught rather than just the sports currently offered.
- More gymnastics to be offered in the extra-curricular setting and the use of the school apparatus to be used more often.
- Swimming to be offered all year round.
- Children wanted the return of golf, tennis and boxing professionals to support the current teaching staff.
- Astro-turf or use of Grovelands/The Link facilities to allow sports to continue regardless of weather.
Jacob, Logan, Madison, Hamza, Estelle, Vilmos, Demi-Leigh, Demi-Leigh, Rene, Daisy Boost, Callum, Scarlett, Joshua S, Alfie, Aimee, Amelia and Erik.